You are Invited to:
The 4th Annual Bay Area CREATIVE IMPACT celebrating National Arts in Education Week
Inspiring Creative Communities
5:30 PM, Friday, Sept. 12, 2014
Oakland Museum of California 1000 Oak St, Oakland, CA 94607
Join arts education supporters, community members, parents, and teachers at this special CREATIVE IMPACT event to mobilize as arts learning advocates, realize new public education policies, and engage communities in collective solution finding.
This event is FREE, open to the public, and no RSVP is required!
5:30 pm - Gather in the Blue Oak café and network. Bring your business cards, meet new people, and get connected to a community of like-minded arts education advocates.
5:45 pm - Join in a short conversation with Lori Fogarty, Executive Director and CEO at the Oakland Museum of California, and Louise Music, Executive Director of Integrated Learning at the Alameda County Office of Education, about innovative collaborations.
6:20 pm - Continue the conversation with each other about inspiring our creative communities.
6:30 – 9:00 pm - Enjoy First Fridays @ OMCA community event with free activities for all ages including a salsa dance class, live salsa music, and hands-on art experiences. Complimentary admission to the museum galleries is available for CREATIVE IMPACT attendees. Feel free to buy your dinner from the Off the Grid food trucks.
Click here for parking and public transportation information for the Oakland Museum of California.
This CREATIVE IMPACT event is hosted by five leadership organizations including the Alameda County Arts Commission, Alameda County Office of Education, Berkeley Repertory Theatre, Cal Performances and the Oakland Museum of California.
Annually, an alliance of 42 arts organizations, known as Bay Area CREATIVE IMPACT, honors National Arts in Education Week designated by the US House of Representatives to celebrate how arts education is a core academic subject and an essential element of a complete and balanced education for all students.
Connect YOUR events to CREATIVE IMPACT!
- Post your arts education events throughout the year to the CREATIVE IMPACT Calendar.
- Also, find out what is happening in arts education in the Bay Area by visiting the CREATIVE IMPACT Calendar.
Don’t miss these other exciting Bay Area CREATIVE IMPACT events:
- San Francisco Unified School District and the Arts Providers Alliance sponsor Arts Education Resource Fair, Wednesday, September 17, at the Asian Art Museum featuring community-based arts organizations sharing information about their educational programs for teachers, teaching artists, parents and other education stakeholders. FREE and open to the public.
- Sausalito Arts Festival in Marin County, Saturday, August 30, featuring music, dance and 260 exciting artists exhibiting paintings, sculpture, jewelry, ceramic, glass, fiber arts, woodwork, photography, mixed media and more.
- Month-long free and low cost events across the Bay Area for students, family and community. Details at CREATIVE IMPACT Calendar